Other Ways to Volunteer
Homeless mothers and children feel hope again as volunteers give of their time, skills, and compassion for others in these ways:
- Mentor a woman through a church-based mentoring team. Every church is encouraged to consider mentoring a homeless woman and her children with the support of Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties. Mentoring groups within congregations consist of 8 to 10 people. The group makes a commitment to mentor one family over 12 to 18 months. Mentors are trained and equipped by Bridge of Hope staff for this exciting, hands-on “ministry of friendship.”
- Help with fundraising activities. Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties relies on the generosity of donations to serve women and their children. We are looking for volunteers with experience generating individual donations and planning fundraising events.
- Assist with office work. Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties needs assistance with data entry and light office work in the Chester County office. Under the guidance of the office manager, we need a volunteer who can contribute about 2 hours per week during the work week between 10 am and 3 pm.
- Offer pro-bono legal work, counseling, car repair. To overcome homelessness, women frequently need the services of professionals. By donating your time to a family you are offering a mother and her children a second chance.
- Cook a meal. Volunteers are needed to cook a meal or provide child-care for Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties families and mentors during monthly training sessions on Monday nights. Each meal will serve approximately 40-60 people, including children. (Call one of our offices for more information and available dates.)
- Collect items for homeless mothers and children. As family move into homes they need basic supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, cleaning supplies, canned foods, shampoo, toothpaste, school supplies, new or almost new books for children. (Call one of our offices for a current list of needs.) Women would also be blessed to receive gift cards for popular gas stations and grocery stores.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Cheryl Miles at CherylM@bridgeofhopelcc.org or call one of our offices at 610-380-1360 or 717-394-7707.
- Jan 31, 2017 — A Gift Families Will Always Treasure…Read More
- Jan 28, 2017 — Students Give Children in Need Gift of Warmth…Read More
- Jan 25, 2017 — Building Bridges: Your Help Creates Healthy Outcomes…Read More
- Jan 24, 2017 — One Impact of Homelessness on Children We Can End…Read More
- Jan 20, 2017 — Best Wishes, Aurora!…Read More
- Jan 19, 2017 — Standing Together: An Award from GAB…Read More
- Jan 12, 2017 — Like good news?…Read More
- Jan 11, 2017 — A Generous Donation…Read More
- Jan 09, 2017 — A Practical Way to Help…Read More
- Jan 08, 2017 — Children Receive Gift of Books…Read More