Our Mission and Values
To end and prevent homelessness for single mothers and their children within our community.
To assist single mothers, with dependent children, experiencing homelessness to secure permanent housing, stability and access to resources in their community through relationships with professional staff and mentoring friendships from local congregations.
We hold the following values firmly as we strive to advance the mission of Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties.
- We believe that the church is the vital link for ending homelessness for homeless women and children; we believe that mentoring groups provide a long-term supportive network for homeless and at-risk families.
- We respect each woman and child participating in the program, regardless of race, ethnicity, faith and past experience.
- We draw staff, Board members and mentoring groups from Christian congregations which confess Jesus Christ as divine Lord and Savior.
- We believe Jesus Christ is our example in bringing love and hope to the poor, the broken hearted, the oppressed, the homeless and the suffering.
- We support and encourage positive life changes related to physical, emotional, social and spiritual wholeness which may occur in all participants, staff, board members and volunteers through their involvement in Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties.
- We value the staff who provide professional, compassionate and quality services to participating families and mentoring groups.
- We value honesty and integrity as the operating principles for all who are involved with Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties.
- We recognize our triune God as the life source for this ministry and depend on prayer to empower us to fulfill God’s purposes through Bridge of Hope Lancaster & Chester Counties.
- Jan 31, 2017 — A Gift Families Will Always Treasure…Read More
- Jan 28, 2017 — Students Give Children in Need Gift of Warmth…Read More
- Jan 25, 2017 — Building Bridges: Your Help Creates Healthy Outcomes…Read More
- Jan 24, 2017 — One Impact of Homelessness on Children We Can End…Read More
- Jan 20, 2017 — Best Wishes, Aurora!…Read More
- Jan 19, 2017 — Standing Together: An Award from GAB…Read More
- Jan 12, 2017 — Like good news?…Read More
- Jan 11, 2017 — A Generous Donation…Read More
- Jan 09, 2017 — A Practical Way to Help…Read More
- Jan 08, 2017 — Children Receive Gift of Books…Read More